31 Aug 2023
5 Reminders For When You're Discouraged
2 minutes read
July 25, 2023
1. A NEW YEAR HAPPENS EVERY 365 DAYS, BUT A NEW DAY HAPPENS 365 TIMES A YEAR. IF YOU ARE DISCOURAGED BY HOW THIS YEAR IS GOING FOR YOU, REMEMBER GOD’S MERCY IS NEW EVERY MORNING. IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO START AGAIN.
Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
2. LIFE RARELY GOES THE WAY WE EXPECT. WHEN YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND, CHOOSE TO TRUST IN THE LORD. HE’S MUCH BETTER AT GUIDING US THAN WE ARE.
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
3. YOUR WORDS SHAPE YOUR LIFE. IF YOU DON’T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE, TAKE A LOOK AT HOW YOU SPEAK. CHOOSE TO SPEAK LIFE AND WATCH HOW IT GROWS.
Proverbs 18:21 "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."
4. YOU HAVE INTRINSIC VALUE. WHAT YOU DO, WHERE YOU’RE FROM OR HOW MUCH YOU HAVE DOES NOT DETERMINE YOUR WORTH. YOU ARE CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD, FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE.
5. STOP BEING EMBARRASSED BY YOUR WEAKNESSES. YOUR WEAKNESS IS THE PERFECT STAGE FOR GOD’S GRACE AND POWER TO BE DISPLAYED. INSTEAD OF SEEING THEM AS LIMITATIONS, CHOOSE TO WORK YOUR WEAKNESS.
2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."
- A new day equals new mercy
- God can be trusted
- Watch your words
- Know your worth
- Rejoice in your weaknesses
Here for you always, church girl.